Partner at Colbert & Grebas, P.C.
Attorney Kevin Grebas is a founding partner of the law firm of Colbert & Grebas, P.C. A native of Scranton, Kevin received his B.S. in Political Science from the University of Scranton and his law degree from the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University.
Kevin is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Lackawanna Bar Association, Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association, and is past President of the Young Lawyers’ Division of the Luzerne County Bar Association.
From 2010 thru 2014 he was named a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in a poll that surveyed 34,000 Pennsylvania lawyers. In 2014, he was recognized by the Northeast Business Journal as one of the top “20 Under 40” professionals in Northeast Pennsylvania.
Since 2002, Kevin has devoted his practice to the areas of elder law and estate planning, representing clients from across Northeastern Pennsylvania. He has earned the designation of Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by meeting the rigorous requirements set forth by the National Elder Law Foundation. By earning this distinction, he is one of fewer than 70 CELAs in Pennsylvania.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2002
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- J. D., Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1999 -2002
- B. S., Political Science, University of Scranton, 1993-1997
Professional Certifications & Recognition:
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star” by Philadelphia Magazine for 2010 – 2014
- One of the “Top 20 Under 40” business professionals in Northeastern Pennsylvania as recognized by the Northeast Business Journal for 2012
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year (2004) by the Young Lawyers’ Division of the Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys (PAELA)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section member
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association (Luzerne Co. Bar Association)
- Serving Seniors, Inc., Board Member
- NEPA Aging Network Alliance
- Lackawanna County Interagency Council
- Luzerne County Interagency Council
- Lackawanna County LINK
- Luzerne/Wyoming Counties LINK
- LIFE Geisinger Plan Advisory Committee
Select Seminars & Events:
- Author and Lecturer, PBI Elder Law Institute: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018
- Author and Lecturer, Luzerne County Bench/Bar Conference: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Author and Lecturer, Lackawanna Bar Association Peoples’ Law School: 2007, 2010, 2012
- Author and Lecturer, Legal and Financial Update for Pennsylvania Association of Area Agencies on Aging, 2004-2012, 2016, 2017