Partner at Colbert & Grebas, P.C.
Brenda is a lifelong member of the Northeastern Pennsylvania community. She earned her undergraduate degree in Social Work from Mansfield University and worked for several years as a Social Worker and Patient Advocate in nursing homes for frail elderly residents and younger people with special needs. It was her experience as a Social Worker that led to her decision to enter law school. She attended Touro Law Center and graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2000. Brenda then earned a Fellowship to the University of Miami School of Law where she received a Master of Laws in Estate Planning.
Brenda has been practicing elder law, estate planning, and special needs planning in Northeastern Pennsylvania since 2002. She and her partner, Kevin R. Grebas, Esq., founded the law firm of Colbert & Grebas, P.C. in 2012 in order to provide compassionate, professional, and client-centered legal services with a continuing focus on the needs of the seniors and people with special needs in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Brenda is a frequent speaker for professional and community organizations, including, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Wilkes-Barre Law Library, Lackawanna County Bar Association and area nursing homes and personal care homes.
- Supreme Court of the State of New York, 2000
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2002
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2002
- University of Miami School of Law, Fellow
Master of Laws (LL.M.), Estate Planning, 2000 – 2001
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center,
Juris Doctorate, Law, 1997 – 2000
- Mansfield University,
Bachelor of Social Work, Social Work, 1986 – 1991
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 2009
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys (PAELA)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section Member
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- Wilkes-Barre Law Library Association
- Wilkes-Barre Law Library Elder Law Committee, Co-Chair
- Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimers Committee, Past Chair
- NEPA Aging Network Alliance
- Lackawanna County LINK
- Luzerne/Wyoming Counties LINK
- Author and Lecturer, PBI Elder Law Institute 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
- Author and Lecturer, Luzerne County Bench/Bar Conference, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
- Author and Lecturer, Lackawanna Bar Association Peoples’ Law School, 2015
- Author and Lecturer, Wilkes University Continuing Education, 2015, 2013